The event will marks the upcoming launch of Finding Dory swim sessions.
The joint campaign launches family swim sessions at hundreds of pools across the UK, including a number in Manchester and the local area, as well as new 10 Minute Shake Up activities, in a bid to make exercise fun and help children get the 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity they need each day.
Becky Adlington encourages families in Manchester to ‘just keep moving’ this summer
Double Olympic gold medal-winning swimmer and mum Becky Adlington is teaming up with Disney, Change4Life and the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) to encourage families in Manchester to ‘just keep moving’ this summer, with the launch of nationwide interactive family swim sessions and a brand new 10 Minute Shake Up campaign – all inspired by the new Disney·Pixar blockbuster, Finding Dory.
The joint campaign launches family swim sessions at hundreds of pools across the UK, as well as new 10 Minute Shake Up activities, in a bid to make exercise fun and help children get the 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity they need each day.
Becky Adlington is taking part in a Finding Dory inspired swim session at the Arcadia Library and Leisure Centre in Manchester on Monday 18 July, showing local children how keeping active this summer can be fun and easy.
Campaign ambassador Becky Adlington, comments:
“Since I stopped competitive swimming a few years ago, I understand how tricky it can be to fit exercise into a busy routine – and also make it fun. As a mum, it’s even harder. But I’m passionate about inspiring the future generation to get active and that’s why I’m in Manchester today supporting this summer’s campaign from Disney, Change4Life and the ASA. The summer holidays can seem really long but there are loads of great ideas to get kids up and about with new 10 Minute Shake Ups, and what better way to spend time together than enjoying a family swim session where you’re learning key skills.”
The swim sessions, which are co-created with the ASA and run from 22nd July until 4th September, will provide an hour of in-water storytelling for the whole family, teaching children key swimming skills as they are taken on a journey with Dory and friends, led by trained instructors. They will be taking place nationwide, including 30 pools in the North West region. Booking for the swimming sessions is now available at the following locations:
· Active Copley, Manchester
· Active Hyde, Manchester
· All Seasons Leisure Centre, Chorley
· Arcadia Library and Leisure Centre, Manchester
· Ashton Leisure Centre, Wigan
· Bootle Leisure Centre, Bootle
· Broughton Leisure Centre, Salford
· Castle Leisure Centre, Bury
· Clarendon Leisure Centre, Salford
· Cockermouth Sports Centre, Cockermouth
· Dunes Splashworld, Southport
· Eccles Leisure Centre, Salford
· Fleetwood Leisure Centre, Fleetwood
· Hetton Community Pool, Sunderland
· Howe Bridge Leisure Centre, Atherton
· Irlam and Cadishead Leisure Centre, Salford
· Leigh Leisure Centre, Wigan
· Manchester Aquatics Centre, Manchester
· Meadows Leisure Centre, Liverpool
· Moor Park Health & Leisure Centre, Blackpool
· Palatine Leisure Centre, Blackpool
· Pendle Wavelengths & Inside Spa, Lancashire
· Raich Carter Sports Centre, Sunderland
· Ramsbottom Pool, Ramsbottom
· Silksworth Community Pool, Sunderland
· St Peters, Burnley
· Swinton and Pendlebury Leisure Centre, Salford
· The Neptune, Middlesborough
· The Pools, Carlisle
· Wigan Life Centre, Manchester
· Worsley Leisure Centre, Salford